EQUIP stands for Enabling Quality Improvement in Practice and is a programme that aims to use a Quality Improvement (QI) methodology to improve the lives of practice staff and their registered citizens.
EQUIP is inviting local people in Tower Hamlets to join QI teams in their own GP practices to help shape the development of the QI work in Tower Hamlets. We are doing this because we want General Practice in our borough to be the best place to work and the best place to receive care. This means that in addition to improving the lives of staff we want to improve the overall patient experience and we need you to help us do this.
What you can expect if you get involved
By participating in the programme you will bring a new perspective to the team as without you, the practice QI teams were guessing about the impact of the changes they were making on the patient experience. More specifically you will:
- Help the teams generate ideas
- Look at existing problems from different angles
- Help prioritise what would have the greatest impact on patients
- Help the practices to develop a better understanding of the needs of their patients
The level of involvement we are looking for varies from project to project. We may need you at times just a little bit and at other times we may need you to be involved in the whole process. QI teams usually meet just once a week for an hour and there may be a bit of extra work that comes out of each meeting that you can choose to give your time to.
We are happy to be led by you in terms of how much time you can offer.
How we will support you if you get involved
The benefits of getting involved in the programme are:
- You will learn something new
- Make a real impact on your local area
- You can add something new to your CV
- You will to build strong lasting relationships with the staff in your practice and will learn about other ways to get involved
- You will get the opportunity to go on a number of training courses which will help you learn what QI is and why we are using it in Tower Hamlets
- You will learn the precise methodology we are using on our programme, which will help you to be an effective and productive member of the team and programme
We will also link you in with a member of staff who you will be able to support you in your role.
If you are interested or have any questions about this opportunity, please email the team on firstname.lastname@example.org or ring 020 3688 2535. If emailing please include a brief paragraph stating why you would like to get involved, which practice you are registered at and your contact details. Please note that this is an open opportunity and we are always looking for new people to get involved, but the sooner the better!